New Assyrian Association Formed
Shlama O’ Khouba / ܫܠܡܐ ܘܚܘܒܐ ,On behalf of the Assyrian American Association of North Texas Executive Board and Board of Advisors, I would like to congratulate you all on the successful formation of our association! We had a good turnout with 19 individuals participating and many others who could not make it at home or at work.
I’m pleased to announce our newly elected Executive Board and Board of Advisors:
- President – Emil Soleyman-Zomalan
- Vice President – Sharl Youkhana
- Treasurer – Eileen Lazar
- Secretary – Diana Farage
- Elected Board Officer – Bawell Nissan
- Auditor – Reemon Ashoty
- Board of Advisors – Sammy Lazar, Joseph Narsi, Abdisho (Edo) Soleyman
We accomplished a lot in our first meeting, including:
- Reviewed and approved by-laws
- Elected our Executive Board and Board of Advisors
- Established committees
- Reviewed upcoming events
We also established a few important rules, including:
- Dues will be $100 for each individual 18+ and free for those 17 years old or younger. Dues will be collected over the next few months.
- The Executive Board and Board of Advisors will meet every quarter. General meetings will take place twice a year.
- Committees will be in charge of establishing roles and executing their tasks.
Finally, we have two major events coming up:
- Father’s Day Picnic (tentatively scheduled for June 16)
- Nusardil Picnic (tentatively scheduled for July 28)
Look to the Facebook page and our website for upcoming news as well as our next meeting date.
Feel free to share this with non-members and interested individuals / families who want to stay up-to-date with our nascent organization and who may want to become a part of the Association.
We look forward to seeing all of you during our next event!
President, Assyrian American Association of North Texas